WE WANT YOU! Volunteer Positions Election April 8th
The Algonquin Snowmobile Club Annual General meeting will be held by Zoom at 7pm, Thursday April 8th.
Some of our hard-working volunteers are retiring from their positions leaving these positions vacant for election:
- Social Director
- Business Liaison and Sponsorship Director
- Landowner Relations Director
Please email your interests to Algonquinsc@gmail.com.
Volunteers are the backbone of snowmobiling in Ontario. We are a small army of individuals who donate their personal time and energy to drive the success of each clubs’ ability to build and maintain their trail systems. The Algonquin Snowmobile Club invites everyone who enjoys snowmobiling in the Hillside/Dwight/Oxtongue/Lake of Bays area and cares about the sustainability of our snowmobile trails to consider volunteering.
2021 is a General Election Year for the Algonquin Snowmobile Club. Your executive is the cornerstone of the club and we are in need of volunteers to sit on the board. All positions are available to any ASC member in good standing (current full paid membership). The Algonquin Snowmobile Club has a history of having the most active membership and social calendar in the District, and we want this tradition to continue. A strong engaged executive is critical to the ongoing success of the club. This year we are hoping for new volunteers with fresh eyes and ideas.
Our Executive committee will continue working to grow the club membership, recruit volunteers and focus on succession and strategic planning for the next generation of snowmobilers. Please consider coming forward and volunteering.
Algonquin Snowmobile Club Executive Positions
Any individual of legal age (19) and holds a full Algonquin Snowmobile Club Membership is eligible for election to the executive.
The club executive shall consist of: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and a minimum of three Directors.
The term of office for each position is two (2) years. The executive and directors shall be club members nominated and elected at the Annual General Meeting of the Algonquin Snowmobile Club.
Should there be only one nominee for each position he/she may be elected by acclamation.
The newly elected executive will take office immediately following the close of the Annual General Meeting.
- The president shall be responsible to call club and Executive meetings as necessary.
- Chair all Executive and Club meetings,
- Be responsible for all club related provincial guidelines and programs.
- Attend District meetings and others as required to represent the club.
- Shall have signing authority for funds pertaining to the function of the club.
- Ensure that the club meets the standards of membership to maintain the status as a club in good standing with the OFSC.
- Assist the President in all aspects of Club business
- Shall attend or preside at meetings where the President is unable to attend
- Keep a record of all meetings
- When necessary, issue notice of meetings to club members
- Conduct club correspondence
- Retain an official copy of club By-laws and amendments
- Update the OFSC online lists of Landowners and Volunteers
- Shall collect membership fees and keep record of all financial transactions of the club
- Provide the financial statements at each meeting
- Pay any accounts payable upon authorization of the President
- Sign cheques
- Prepare and submit financial statements when necessary, to the District
DIRECTORS: the duties of the Directors will be assigned by the Executive or according to the interest of the individual
The following club positions are required to maintain “good standing” within the \OFSC:
- Signage Installation – install signs per the OFSC Risk Management guidelines
- Signage Inspection – ensure that all trails are signed to OFSC standards and is responsible for sign off of A-01 forms that allow trails to be available at the beginning of each season. Also responsible to make sure that the signage is compliant during the season. (This position must be someone other than individuals responsible for sign installation.)
- Social Director – responsible for coordinating club social activities and recruitment of volunteers for each event the club sponsors.
- Trail Boss/Grooming Coordinator – responsible for all trail and equipment related activities, including grooming schedule, trail brushing coordination of groomer operator training and reporting.
- Business Liaison and Sponsorship Director – promote the club with local businesses through sponsorship and promotion
- Landowner Relations Director – liaise with our valued landowners and communicate each season to ensure the use of trails on private property
We look forward to seeing you at our AGM:
Meeting ID: 944 7456 2067
Algonquin Snowmobile Club