ASC Update: Trail February 11th
Trail Update February 11th, 2023
During this past week, Lake of Bays and Penn Lake could not be staked due to deep slush but we have had several days of great land trails.
Now there is mild weather and rain in the forecast.
We are hopeful that things will turn around for the poker run on the 18th.
If conditions are even remotely OK, we will proceed with the event.
Just a reminder that registration for the Sat. Feb.18/23 poker run ends Wed. Feb. 15/23.
All proceeds will go to the ASC and will be spent on maintaining and improving our trails.
Please review the following:
Lake of Bays Garden Centre (Din’s Fresh Fries)
2876 Hwy 60, Dwight
Thank you Linda.
– is only done by pre registering through our website: algonquinsnowmobileclub.ca
– to register, you must fill in the form by providing your full name, address, email address, and cell phone number.
If you are registering more than one person, we will need their names too.
– you must pre-register for the event by Wed. Feb. 15/23.
– there will be a limit of 75 sleds, first come first served.
– we are currently at 40 entries
– cost is $20 for ASC members and $40 for non-members (but you will receive a free annual ASC membership for next year)
Memberships can also be purchased on our website. $20 for individual annual membership or $150 for lifetime family membership.
– payment of choice is by etransfer.
After you fill out and submit your registration form on our website, go to your online banking and send your etransfer to: email@example.com
– if you prefer to pay by credit card or PayPal, this can be done right on our website after filling out your registration form.
– the best poker hand will win 1/3 of all the registration money received. This would be $500 if the event is sold out.
“Some” of the Rules:
– this is NOT a race, it is a family friendly event
– in the event of a tie, the winnings will be split evenly
– decisions of the judges are final
– registration fee is non-refundable (should the event have to be canceled)
– everyone who has registered will receive a playing hand whether in attendance or not. You do not have to be present to win
– sleds must be legal: licensed, insured, trail pass, quiet exhaust
– checkpoints will be open 9 AM – 3 PM
– will be 8:30 – 10:00 AM on Saturday Feb. 18, 2023 at Lake of Bays Garden Centre
– you will receive maps, routes, checkpoint / food / fuel info at sign-in
End of Day:
– poker hands will be received and tabulated between 1 and 4:30 PM on the 18th
– you do not need to be present if you are the winner
– bring some cash with you to take advantage of 50/50 draw, 60th anniversary ASC ball caps or to buy extra playing cards
We Need Volunteers:
– if you can’t ride, we could really use your help
– so far, only Garry L, Lynn L and Sara W have offered to help
– please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your availability on the 18th
– registration closes Wed. Feb 15/23
– Let’s hope Mother Nature cooperates
– questions, offers to help. Send us an email
We are looking forward to a fun-filled event.
Kent & Robert, ASC
PS Please do not forget about our ASC Fish Derby on Feb 25th!