ASC: Poker Run
This is to advise everyone that the ASC and Brain Aneurysm Foundation Poker Run scheduled for Jan 29, 2022 has been canceled.
In its place we are planning to have our “First Annual” ASC Poker Run on Saturday Feb. 5, 2022.
All proceeds will go to the ASC and will be spent on maintaining and improving our trails.
Here is what we know so far. More to follow.
– is done through our website: algonquinsnowmobileclub.ca
`- will be limited to 75 sleds
– you must pre-register for the event by Friday Jan 28/22
– cost is $20 for ASC members and $25 for non-members
(if you are not a member, memberships can be purchased at registration)
– the best poker hand will win 1/3 of all the registration money received which would be approx. $500 – 600 if the event is sold out.
– payment of choice is by etransfer to email@example.com
– also available through our website (algonquinshowmobileclub.ca) is payment by credit card or PayPal
– to register, at time of payment, you MUST provide your full name, address, email address and cell phone number with your payment
(we will need this for sign-in on the 5th and if we need to contact you)
– while registering, you may also purchase a club membership: $10 for individual annual membership, $100 lifetime family membership. There is also the option of making a donation to the club. Money raised here goes to improving our trail system
“Some” of the Rules:
– this is NOT a race, it is a family friendly event
– all Covid protocols will need to be followed
– in the event of a tie, the winnings will be split evenly
– decisions of the judges are final
– sleds must be licensed, insured and have a current trail pass
– registration fee is non-refundable (in the event of something beyond our control)
– checkpoints will be open 9:30 AM – 3 PM
– will be 8:30 – 10:00 AM on Saturday Feb. 5, 2022
– location in the Dwight-Oxtongue area is still to be determined
– you will receive maps, routes, checkpoint / food / fuel info, etc at sign-in
End of Day:
– poker hands will be turned in between 3 and 4:30 PM on the 5th and the winner will be announced as soon as possible
– you do not need to be present if you are the winner, we will contact you
– if you can’t ride, we really need your help to hold this event
– please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your availability on the 5th
– register early, spaces are limited
– more details to follow
– questions? Send us an email
We are looking forward to a fun-filled event.
Your ASC executive.